TSP Planning Report May 2023
- The 2nd estimate of Q1 (2023) GDP has come out, showing a 1.3% growth in GDP. This is on the heels of 2.6% GDP growth in Q4 2022.
- The G Fund rate for May 2023 remained at 3.625%.
- The Fed Funds interest rate increased to 5.25%. It was 4.83% just a month ago.
- This month’s unemployment rate decreased from 3.5% to 3.4%.
- PMI (Purchasing Managers Index) expanded for the 2nd straight month, reading 54.5 this month (any reading above 50 represents expansion.
- The S&P 500 (C Fund) increased 0.9% in May. YTD, S&P500 is up 9.9%
Anyone who has more than 5 years before drawing income from their TSP should consider taking a more aggressive posture going forward and use my aggressive portfolios below. If you are within 5 years of retirement, you should email me to get a more customized recommendation.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Email me here – firstname.lastname@example.org