- Unemployment increased 0.1%, up to 4%.
- 3rd Quarter GDP came in at 3.4%, according to the final estimate.
- PMI, posted another month of expansion, with the index reading 56.6%.
- The S&P 500 (C Fund) gained 8% (in just 1 month!)
- The S&P 500 had a tremendous bounce back, recovering all it’s losses from 2018. This performance matches the other positive economic indicators, but it’s only a 1-month performance, so let’s not get too excited.
- Unemployment did increase, but it is only a minor 0.1%.
- 3.4% quarterly GDP is still (relatively speaking) amazing.
- PMI still continues it’s impressive streak, performing well above-average (50% is considered average) for the past 25 months.
Solid fundamentals, again. Very little drama in the media air. In such an environment the market should do well. I even added some S fund into my riskiest portfolio. No F fund. No I fund.
Check out the 3 page report below. DON’T JUST LOOK AT RATE OF RETURN. Always view the target return of each portfolio in context of its ranges of fluctuation.
If you are on the brink of retirement, consult with me before you position your TSP too aggressively.
Email me – email@example.comFeb-2019-report