- Unemployment came in at 3.6%.
- 4th Quarter GDP was 2.1%, according to the 1st estimate.
- PMI expanded, with the index reading to 50.9%.
- The S&P 500 (C Fund) decreased .04% during the month of January.
- PMI has returned to expansion territory – that’s a good sign.
- 2.1% quarterly GDP is just okay – nothing to get excited about, but also not terrible. It’s been at this level for about half a year.
- Unemployment remains at a 50-year historic low.
- The S&P 500 performance is a minor blip. Especially on the heels of a 31.45% in 2019.